The Mission of the Wimberley Education Foundation is to generate and distribute resources to or on behalf of the Wimberley Independent School District to enrich teaching, inspire learning and maximize opportunities needed to meet the District’s stated mission and promote excellence in education for all students.
The Foundation will achieve its mission by directing resources toward the following goals:
- Encourage all students to work to their highest potential
- Support staff for innovative efforts
- Recognize staff for exemplary teaching
- Build community awareness for the Wimberley Education Foundation
- Inspire parents and community to participate with the school district in enriching
The Wimberley Education Foundation . . .
- Is a 501 (c) (3) tax exempt philanthropic organization of citizens
- Shares a vision of enhancing education in Wimberley ISD
- Works to increase private support for education activities in Wimberley ISD
- Benefits Wimberley ISD students and staff personal by supporting activities not funded by tax dollars
- Fosters creative approaches to education through private grants and involvement
- Awards Foundation funds through a volunteer Board of Directors made up of business, community, and educational leaders
The Wimberley Education Foundation has been created to support the educational programs for both the students and personnel of the Wimberley Independent School District. The Foundation will provide funds for education programs and activities which either have not been funded or have been under-funded by the normal operating budget. These funds will be used to facilitate student achievement and skill development, to recognize and encourage staff excellence and to expand community involvement from individuals, businesses and civic organizations